Blue Santa: Christmas in July

Let's have a blustery break from the blistering heat, shall we? The icy-looking snowflake embellishments on these cards are made from...what else? TINFOIL! 


With this card in tones of blue, lavender and silver you almost feel a frosty nip in the air!  I shared this during the holidays over at Janny's blog, Que Linda. Today I'm taking a break from the heat to show you how it's done right here on my blog.






Real cards can feel like a luxury in this electronic age! The main image is stamped in a lavender chalk ink on white cardstock. 
On top of that I stamped circles in light blue {see closeup}. Gold pigment ink-stamped snowflakes are the final layer falling on Santa and child. This is so quick and yet creates a very rich effect.



The stamped image is then layered on light blue and darker blue cardstock for dimension.
Two coordinating background papers are joined by a lavender ribbon to host this little framed ensemble.

The final touch is the little silver snowflake up in the right corner punched from what I call an aluminum foil 'waffle cloth.'  You can *click here* for the waffle cloth tutorial. 


I also used that same foil technique in these projects:

Everything here is much simpler to make than it looks. All are a joy to give!  If you want to get a jump start on the holidays and take a break from the heat, check out the Tinfoil Rickrack Tutorial for the basic technique.  Then: Have Fun with Christmas in July!!


Share your creations. 
Party with the Wildly Original Crowd now!  







{I host a weekly linky party. Come find out more here!  I'm sharing this Blue Santa Cards with aTinfoil Snowflake with...Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World CuterProject QueenThe Gunny SackAlderberry HillA Round TuitSkip to My LouCherished BlissTuesday:  Not Just a Housewife, The DIY Dreamer, Tip JunkieToday's Creative BlogUncommon, Gingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose Family; Wednesday:  The 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, No Minimalist Here, Nest of PosiesSavvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, The Trendy TreehouseVery Merry Vintage StyleFamily Home and LifeWhat We Wore & Made,SnapThursday:  Bliss Ranch Hot Fun in the Summertime, My Repurposed LifeShabby NestFriday:  Funky Junk InteriorsAnything Goes, Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeFrench Country CottageTatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade DaysFaith Trust & Pixie DustNaptime Crafters, Too Much Time on my Hands, Stuff & NonsenseSaturday:  Be Different Act Normal,  It's OverflowingSew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Project Parade, Under The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned Crafty}

6 comments:

Tani@Tagana Rose said...

What a gorgeous blog you have!! I love all of your lovely Christmas projects! I hope you have a wonderful day, Tani:)

Donna Wilkes said...

Christina - I am glad to know I am not the only one thinking I have got to get started on Christmas cards, ornaments, etc, I was glad to see Hobby Lobby putting out all their Christmas stuff. The first time I read about your waffle tin foil, I went out and got a crimper. (Using the coupon!) I have made a stack of crinkled paper and foil ahead so it will be ready when i need it. Br-r-r - I think I just felt a touch of chill! No, it was just the AC.

Distressed Donna Down Home

cathy@my1929charmer said...

The blue card is so pretty, and all your Christmas projects look so pretty. I keep seeing all across blogland is talking about Christmas in July, - oh my I have a hard enough time getting it all done in December. so coudos's to you. Im waiting till Dec! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sundays' Best - you always help make it a great party!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Ah, this gave me such a lift from the hot summer weather! Thanks for sharing at my par-tay.

Warmly, Michelle

Raquel said...

Great card ideas! Christmas will be here before we know it!

Unknown said...

What great ideas....I know I need to start creating now for Christmas...it's just hard to think about the winter holidays while it's so hot outside!